In Sanskrit ‘puja” or “pooja” is defined as ‘purnaat jayate iti puja’, which means ‘that which is born (jayate ja) out of fullness (purnaat pu)’.
Puja is a religious ritual performed by Hindus as an offering to various deities. The state of mind with which the puja is performed, the various materials (samagri) used and the chanting (mantras) which is done during the puja, all have a profound effect on the environment. The vibrations purify the place and people present.
Types of Pujas
1. House Blessing consists of invoking the blessings of the Nava Graha Puja (Nine Planets), and Sri Maha Mritunjaya Havan.
2. Sri Satya Narayan Katha to invoke Divine blessings and positive atmosphere in your home by inviting family and friends.
3. Birthday Puja for wishing long and happy life.
4. Puja for your Ishta Devata, like Sri Rama, Sri Krishna, Lakshmi, Durga, Saraswati.
5. Nava Graha or Puja to appease specific planets, like Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, etc.
6. Car blessing
7. Hanuman PujaI cover all aspects of the Hindu wedding ceremony and can perform Ganesh Pooja, Grah Shaanti (Saatak) and Mandvo.